Reporting to Jail

When to Report

The court will inform you at your sentencing of the date and time you must report to jail. If you have any questions about the date or time, contact Court Administration. You are expected to report to jail on time and not under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you fail to report on time or are under the influence of intoxicants, you will be subject to loss of Sentence to Service and Work Release privileges.

Jail staff or court personnel cannot change your report date or time. Only the sentencing judge can make this change. Your attorney must bring a formal motion before the sentencing judge to request a change.

Where to Report

Enter the Crow Wing County Jail through the north door labeled "Inmate Release and Return." Press the intercom button inside the entrance to notify jail staff you are reporting. If you are driving yourself when reporting to jail, park your car in the parking lot on the north side of the jail. There are posted designated parking spots by the railroad tracks.

Required Fees

  • All inmates are charged a $25 booking fee. This fee will be charged to your inmate account when you are booked in. 
  • All sentenced Crow Wing County inmates will be charged a $25 Pay-for-Stay fee for each day in custody. These charges will accrue and you will be billed upon your release. 
  • Sentenced inmates who will be in jail for 14 days or longer must have a Mantoux (tuberculosis) test. The cost of the test is $10.
  • Additional fees apply for inmates participating in the Work Release or Sentence to Service (STS) programs.

Personal Property

The jail will supply clothing, bedding, and hygiene items. All other personal property will be inventoried and stored for you. Please bring a minimum amount of personal property as most personal property is not allowed inside the jail.

  • You must complete the School Contract (PDF) if you are a student. School books will be reviewed on an individual basis. 
  • If you are participating in the Sentence to Service (STS) or Work Release Program, you are allowed three sets of clothing. 
  • If you require prescription medication, you will be referred to the jail physician for a continuation order while incarcerated.