The Work Release program offers judges an alternative option for sentencing low-risk offenders who are serving time and currently employed. This program allows inmates to maintain employment and provide for their families. In a balance between public safety and the need for the inmate to work, there are strict requirements for participation in the work release program.
Minimum requirements for Work Release:
- Judge's approval
- No outstanding warrants
- Acceptable criminal history
- Acceptable/verifiable employment
- Acceptable behavior within the jail
- Sentence is longer than five days of jail time
- No outstanding Crow Wing County Jail fees
- Negative drug test
- Comply with jail rules in addition to all local, state and federal laws
The Work Release packet (PDF) must be completed and submitted to the Crow Wing County Jail at least five business days prior to your report date. Failure to submit a completed packet in advance could result in a delay of your work release privilege.
Any violations of the conditions of work release may result in being terminated from the program.
Work Release Fees
- All inmates are charged a $25 booking fee.
- All sentenced Crow Wing County inmates are charged a $25 Pay-for-Stay fee for each day in custody.
- With Pay-for-Stay in effect, there is no additional Work Release fee, however, Work Release inmates must stay current on the $175 weekly fee.
- The required drug test is $40 prior to starting Work Release and for each additional requested test.
- Sentenced inmates who will be in jail for 14 days or longer must have a Mantoux (tuberculosis) test. The cost of the test is $10.