To promote and protect the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of all residents of Crow Wing County.
Disease Prevention & Control
The following services and information is provided by the department to prevent the spread of diseases:
- Assist and conduct infectious disease investigations
- Communicable disease prevention, education, and follow up to control the spread of disease
- Coordinate with the Minnesota Department of Health on case investigation
- Diseases and conditions
- Immunization Records and information
Health and food safety is promoted and maintained by these services:
- Foodborne illness hotline - 877-366-3455
- Information / referral for food safety complaints
- Methamphetamine education
- Public health ordinances
Take It To The Box - Crow Wing County Medication Disposal
There are now free medication disposal boxes (PDF) located at multiple sites in Crow Wing County. The "drop off" box at each site will accept unneeded over-the-counter medications, prescriptions and narcotic drugs.
If you are ill, see your health care provider. To report an emergency, call 911.
If you are a physician needing to report an infectious disease, please call 651-201-5414 or 877-676-5414.
To report a natural or man-made emergency that may have serious public health consequences for the community, call the Minnesota Department of Health Emergency Operations at 651-201-5735