Welcome to the teen years!
It's official, you have a teenager in the house. They think they don't need you, but you know differently. They also need regular medical, dental and vision checkups. Through Crow Wing County's Child and Teen Checkups program, these appointments are FREE to anyone on Medical Assistance. Checkups for 14-year-olds include:
- A chance to ask your questions
- Reliable information about healthy food, sleep, behavior and safety
- Check on growth and heart health
- Time for your child to talk on their own with the doctor or nurse, to learn how to start taking charge of their own health!
- Head-to-toe exam
- Immunizations and blood tests, if needed
- Help finding regular dental care
- Hearing and vision checks
- Support with family needs:
- Food, housing, utilities
- Money or job resources
- Help with safe relationships, mental health or substance use
Find out where to get free checkups in your area by visiting Child and Teen Checkups.