Residents can view all snowplows on county roads during winter events. The web-based map uses GPS to track the 15 county plows and show current locations. Using the link will inform you of when plows are out and where they headed in relation to your commute.
'Where’s My Snowplow?' Features
- Location of each vehicle that is currently in use and direction of travel. (look for the red truck symbols)
- Track plows in near real time
- Click or tap on the map to zoom in and move the map on the screen
- Updated every 5 minutes during snow events
- Watch a video about our snowplow tracking app (courtesy of Lakland PBS)
View snow plow map here
Scan this QR code to get to the mobile app.
Crow Wing County crews plow around 550 centerline miles of county roads ways and many require multiple passes because of the width of the roads. The First Assessment District (FAD) and Second Assessment District (SAD) equal about 63 miles and the plowing of those roads is contracted out. The FAD and SAD roads will not be seen in this link. This information is also useful for county plow crews to make real time adjustments to plow routes.
We’d love your feedback!
Let us know what you think. HOW ARE WE DOING?