Crow Wing County Transporation Program
The Crow Wing County Transportation Program (CWCTP) will provide safe, caring, and quality transportation services to and from the veteran’s VA facility of record and/or healthcare provider to which the veteran has been appropriately referred in order to eliminate transportation barriers and afford veterans access to the care they need.
Quick Tips and Facts
- Our rides are facilitated on a "First Come, First Serve" basis, it's recommended to schedule appointment upon notification to reserve your ride but no later than 3 business days prior to scheduled appointment.
- Transportation will only be provided for VA and VA approved appointments, unless approved by the CWC Veterans Services CVSO.
- If transportation is provided, Veterans are picked up from their home or designated location and returned to the same location after appointment is complete.
- CWC Transportation cannot provide rides to Veterans who have either been sedated or under anesthesia without an escort.
- CWCTP Vans are NOT handicap accessible and CWCTP cannot accommodate daily rides for ongoing appointments.
- For CWCTP Policy click here. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
~Transportation is provided to the Brainerd CBOC, Minneapolis & St. Cloud VAMCs Monday through Friday.
~Please schedule your appointments between 9:00 a.m. and 12:00 p.m. for Minneapolis appointments or 9:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. for St. Cloud and Brainerd appointments.
~Transportation is available to appointments at non-VA medical facilities, specifically when they are referrals from one of the VA Medical Centers.
The CWCTP CAN NOT facilitate same day, urgent, or emergency appointments. Please, contact your healthcare provider for transportation options or call 911 if you are need of urgent or emergent medical attention.
- Information Needed:
• Veteran’s Full Name
• Last four digits of Veteran’s Social Security number
• Time of each appointment • Clinic for each appointment
• Address of pick-up location
• Whether an escort will come along
• Veteran’s primary phone number
- If ride is confirmed, Veterans may call the Friday before their appointment to find out their pickup time for the following weeks appointment.
- If there are any changes to appointments, please contact CWC Veteran Services. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Local (within 15 miles of Brainerd CBOC): Free
- Outside Local Limits to Brainerd CBOC: $5.00
- Saint Cloud VAMC: $25.00
- Minneapolis VAMC: $55.00
- Veteran may qualify for a fee waiver. Please contact CWC Veteran Services by calling (218) 824-1058 to obtain more information. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>