Electronic recording enables submitters to scan or upload their documents electronically through an e-recording service provider's secure, web-based service and submit the documents for recording. Crow Wing County is accepting all document types for e-recording with the exception of deeds that split an existing county tax parcel, which requires an additional processing fee.
Why record electronically?
- It's faster, documents are recorded within a day or two of submission.
- Original documents never leave your possession. Just scan them and they are ready for submission to the county.
- Eliminates the need to manage paper documents, so that means less impact on the environment.
- No special equipment is needed, just a computer, scanner and Internet access.
- Faster communication and resolution of document rejection issues.
- Once accepted for recording, you will receive immediate notification that your document has been officially recorded.
Steps to begin eRecording?
If you would like to begin recording documents electronically, contact any one of the below state trusted e-Recording vendors.
Please visit the Electronic Real Estate Recording Commission website for additional information on eRecording.